Thursday, November 14, 2013

Serendipity in Crocheting

I am fairly new to crocheting hats, though I now have made 4 for my grandson. I decided to experiment with making a pattern that I could use as the basis for a variety of hats for adults. I chose this pattern from a blog. I didn't think it would turn out soft and flexible enough for my taste because the pattern called for two strands of worsted weight yarn crochet with a size H/8 or 5 mm hook. I was right. It felt too stiff. Not wanting to waste the energy I had put into the project, I turned it into a bag. I tried a new method for making the drawstrings that I learned about from my Master Teacher. I think it turned out quite nicely. The strings are made by making a chain and then slip stitching in the back "bump" of the chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment